- Relief International, Bangladesh is urgently looking for Finance Officer to assist in financial and accounting management of its emergency response portfolio in Cox`s Bazar. Under the supervision of the Finance Coordinator, The Finance Officer is responsible for the effective financial management of the projects. The position will be contracted as above period with possibility of extension subject to funding availability. This position demands someone who has the capacity to support multiple grants/projects and work in a very fast-paced environment. Previous experience with UNHCR, UNICEF, ECHO, OFDA, USAID and other emergency donors.
- Reporting to: Finance Coordinator (Cox`s Bazar)
- Department: Finance
- Expected Start Date: ASAP
- Contract length: Up to December 31, 2020.
- Oversee processes and procedures so they meet RI and Donor requirements.
- Maintain daily cash on hand at required RI levels and for program operations.
- Handle Cash and Bank Transaction and reconcile daily basis.
- Prepare General Voucher with correct GL code, Project Code, Activity Code in a timely manner and post into RI Net Suit software.
- Ensure financial reporting as required is prepared accurately and reviewed thoroughly.
- Assist to Prepare donor financial reports and ensure they are submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure financial accountability by requiring all staff provide proper documentation and signatures on vouchers, PR, purchase orders, or payments of any kind.
- Ensure all purchases follow RI procurement and selection policies.
- Work with HR Officer to prepare monthly salaries, Incentive to Volunteer ensuring appropriate documentation and oversight.
- Ensure proper Tax /VAT/Income tax calculation and make deposit to revenue department with correct submission of VAT/TAX challan Voucher.
- Ensure the appropriateness of all monetary or banking transactions.
- Oversee bank transactions, including opening, closing and reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Ensure proper paperwork on financial transactions of any kind between RI and other parties or partners (accounts receivables, payables, etc.).
- Ensure safety protocols are established and followed by all staff.
- Set up tools, processes or documentation as needed or required to improve the monitoring and oversight of any financial processes described above.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Master’s Degree in Accounting and Finance
- At least 3 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Experience in writing quality Financial reporting
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Power point
- Good skill in accounting software, Quick Book and Net suit.
- Willingness to make frequent trips to hard to reach areas
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in both English and Bangladeshi
Cox’s Bazar (Cox’s Bazar Sadar)
- As per RI National Pay Scale Policy in Bangladesh
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Medical allowance, Weekly 2 holidays
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Two festival bonuses in a year equivalent to one basic salary.
- Severance (8.33% of the monthly basic salary) goes with the monthly release of the salary.