1. Elizabethan tragedy is centered on
a. Love b. revenge c. war d. philosophy
2. When a speaker speaks his thoughts aloud, it is called.
a. aside b. soliloqyu c. monody d. perform
3. Edmund Spenser is a ..?
a. dramatist b. poet
c. critic d. philosopher
4. ‘better three hours too soon than a minute too late ‘was said by ?
a. Wordsworth b. Shakespeare c. G.B show d d. o henry
5. Phoenix is…..
a story b. a dead bird
c. a mythical bird regenerating from ashes
d. an imaginary bullock
6. who translated ‘the nwe testament ‘?
a. Herrick b. Shakespeare c. john wycliffe d. Samuel Johnson
7. a comedy doesn’t have ….
a plot b. comic element c. catharsis d. chorus
8. renaissance means?
a. regained b. reveal c. rebirth d. rebel
9. who was both poet and priest?
a. andrwe marvel b. john donne
c. George Herbert d. Aphra Ben
10. who was friend of john Milton?
a. john donne b. Robert browning
c. Andrwe marvel d. Alexander pope
11. who wrote ‘an apology of poem?
a. sir Philip Sidney b. Edmund spenser c. chapman d. Thomas hardy
12. William Shakespeare is a famous for
a. essayist b. novelist c. critics d. dramatist
13. who is in university wits
a. Robert browning b. Robert Greene
c. john Dryden d. Samuel Johnson
14. Having married off, the age ratio William Shakespeare and his wife?
a. 24:12 b. 30:20 c. 18:26 d. 26:18
16. The faerie queen is …
a. Novel b. an epic poem c. short story d. drama
16. Point out the sentences with correct use of verb ?
a. Write the essay in brief
b. write the essay briefly
c. write the easy shortly d. (b+c)
17. Chose the correct one ?
a. only rarely an accident has occurred b. only rarely an accident has occur
c. only rarely has an accident occurred d. only rarely an accident had been occurred
18. not until a monkey is several years old,…..to exhibit signs of independence from its
a. It begins b. does it begin c. and begin d. beginning
18. Only after fruit has been dried…..
a. That it can be stored for later consumption.
B. can be stored for later consumption c. can it be stored for later consumption d. it can
be stored for later consumption
19. Which one use both adjective and adverb ??
a. Little b. very c. fully d. enough e. hardly
20. Although he felt very…, he smiled….
a. hungrily, friendly
b. hungrily and in friendly way
c. hungry and friend
d. hungrily, in a friendly manner
Answer : 1.b, 2.b, 3.b, 4.b, 5.c, 6.c, 7.c, 8.c, 9.c 10.c, 11.a, 12.d, 13.b, 14.c, 15.b, 16.a 17.c 18.b 19.c 20.d